Should Shopify Stores Embrace SMS Marketing
July 1, 2018
Reading Time: 3 minutes
A popular e-commerce platform, such as Shopify, requires short and persuasive marketing techniques to draw in more loyal customers. SMS marketing (short message service marketing) is a way to target the potential, real and paying clients with content designed according to the market behavior while obtaining their permission.
Most customers who use Shopify stores are likely to provide their mobile numbers rather than their e-mail addresses. SMS marketing campaigns are best utilized for targeted areas with the purpose of grasping the attention of the targeted clients and making them regular customers. Giving a significant boost to your sales conversions is easier by using proper software designed SMS with an open rate of more than 95%, according to recent studies.
What’s In It for Shopify Stores?
If you run a specific Shopify store with no technical knowledge, an SMS automation marketing strategy is just what you might need to drive more sales to your store.
With multiple messaging platforms, such as Whatsapp, WeChat, and Facebook Messenger, you can take your online store to the next level with proper guidance and software generated messages sent to increase more traffic to your website.
There are a few ways you can utilize an effective SMS marketing campaign to boost your brand’s reputation. Here are some examples:
Registration Offers and Promotions
A customer looking for specific products will search through all the Shopify stores for the best offers and promotions:
· In such cases, the best thing to do is to come up with a campaign the potential customer cannot ignore.
· A sign-up offer which comprises of a discount or a chance to win free vouchers for future use is a perfect example of how you can differentiate yourself from your competitors.
· Software integrated SMS, which gives a link for subscription along with the discount percentage is one way to do business. The message usually contains a promotional code which is a substitute for a keyword. This helps you build a list of loyal customers that help in your store’s sales automation.
Market behavior keeps on changing according to the customer preferences. As a well-known online brand, you need to conduct proper surveys.
· You can do this through online polls on different social media websites, such as Twitter and Facebook. In recent years, there have been more SMS based accounts as compared to social media accounts, another reason why you should consider using SMS marketing.
· If you are looking for online reviews and ratings for your Shopify store, a text message with a link for feedback of your services might end up doing wonders for your brand.
Updating Your Clients
SMS marketing is the simplest way to update your customers about new products or modifications in the previous product lines.
· Most customers do not open e-mails sent for regular updates on a specific order. Your customers will feel more satisfied if they receive a simple text message informing them about the delivery time, product details and other order information.
· There is a higher probability of achieving the level of effectiveness you are aiming for to build a proper relationship with your customers when using a specific SMS marketing campaign as compared to a simple phone call or an email.
A Cheap Marketing Solution
As an official Shopify store owner, you might be looking for a cheap marketing solution for generating more traffic. There are a few options for you, which include numerous social media platforms, e-mail marketing, and other simple advertising platforms online.
· These platforms can be bit heavy on your pocket especially if you are a newbie. According to recent surveys, about 62% of small, online business owners expressed their concern over the ineffectiveness of Facebook ads. They said the ads were missing some elements crucial to sales conversions.
· A social media marketing campaign worth $1 million has the same effect as compared to an SMS campaign worth $1,000.
What’s The Verdict?
With all the significant benefits marketers gain through SMS Marketing, it would be a surprise if most of the Shopify stores would not switch to this simple technique. If you are aiming to give your customer support a new look, try the best SMS marketing services to experience a significant sales boost for your Shopify store. It is vital that the right target receives appropriate content at the best time of the day. It is better to catch your customers at a time where they are willing to invest their time in your marketing campaign, which is possible by using an effective SMS marketing strategy.