What best practices do you recommend? (AKA how do I make the most money without annoying customers?)
- Think about SMS/MMS/Text like you would email – use Postscript for remarketing and new campaigns. Borrow concepts and campaigns that have worked well for you via email and mimic them for text.
- Give context – use tags to personalize messages and introduce the store in the first message of series so users know who you are.
- Require store phone numbers during customer checkout.
- At a minimum turn on and customize the following automations – abandoned cart, welcome series, and customer winback.
- Keep the texts brief, but include images and GIFS in every single message. This will drive much higher engagement. Marketing messages should include images/gifs, coupons (if relevant), calls to action and a link/URL.
Do you really guarantee ROI?
Yes! We guarantee 4x ROI for your initial month on any paid plan. The only condition is that you follow best practices for that month, meaning you enable the subscriber popup, turn on automations, and send (at least) a weekly campaign.
How can I track results?
Postscript tracks the number of texts you send, the number of clicks on each text link, and the revenue generated from the texts that you send. This can be broken down by each campaign and automation across timeframes of your choosing.
These results are all viewable in your App Dashboard.
How do I grow my list of sendable customers?
The best way to grow your list is by using Postscript's phone number capture modal – we highly recommend doing this. Beyond that, you can utilize phone number collection during checkout and through subscribe froms
I have a list of customer phone numbers outside of Shopify. How do I upload them to Postscript?
Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll help you get these numbers into Postscript.
How do I stay compliant with SMS and privacy laws?
In building Postscript our team took many steps to ensure you remain fully compliant. To achieve this, Postscript only considers customers who have opted in to marketing communication to be sendable users. This way, anyone who has not opted in to marketing communication in your store will not receive texts from Postscript. Here are a few more steps you can take:
- Don't text any customers who haven't given you explicit written consent
- Use our option to add ‘Reply STOP to Stop’ at the end of your first message to customers to remind them that they can opt out at any time
- Only message customers between 9am and 8pm in their local timezone
- Introduce the store in the beginning of new campaigns or automations as relevant (ex: “Hey Jason, it’s your favorite shopify store. You left a few items in your cart…”)
- Refrain from sending each customer more than one message per day (using the ‘Safe Send’ feature will ensure customers receive no more than one message in a 16 hour span)
How do customers unsubscribe?
Customers can unsubscribe at any time, by replying ‘stop’ to any message. Postscript will automatically unsubscribe them from future messaging.
How do I contact support?
We’re always here to help. Contact us through chat by clicking on the blue button in the bottom right corner of your screen at any time. We’re also available by email at email@example.com.